***UPDATE***The opening of Fischer Park in New Braunfels has forced us to update this blog post! It is amazing! But we couldn’t decide where to put it on the Top 10 list so we combined it with #2 Landa Park. They are both wonderful parks and each has its unique features making them equal on the fun scale according to my kiddos***
Those of you who know me, know I have two daughters. One is 7 and the other 11 and I decided to get them involved in my blog. After school today I asked them to give me 10 reasons why they love New Braunfels. The answers were great! So here it is……drum roll…..
My Little Stinkers’ List
The Top 10 Reasons Kids Love New Braunfels
10. THE WEATHER– New Braunfels typically has over 300 days of sunshine a year!
9. THE NEW BRAUNFELS PUBLIC LIBRARY– My little ones are big readers so they love a trip to the library! Not only can they hunt for the latest in their series, but there are programs for all ages throughout the week including Baby Rhyme Time, Toddler Time, Preschool Story Time, and my favorite the PAWS to Read program where kids can read to a real dog!
8. JAWS Skate Park at Ernest Eikel Park– We are lucky to have this awesome skate park in New Braunfels and the story behind it is inspiring. Read about how it came to be in this article by Carter Dennis, on Skatepark.org.
7. GOT TOYS– This local toy store is just so fun. With two locations one downtown and the original in Gruene, this store will bring out the kid in everyone. Check out their Facebook page at GOT TOYS.
6. THE RIVER- Tubing, rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, wading, crawfish catching, and people watching. It’s all part of the appeal of the river. Personally as parents, we tend to go for the Comal instead of the Guadalupe for its family friendly vibe and it is the shortest river in Texas, so that makes for a less stressful day of tubing and happier parents!
5. BUC-EES- Yep that’s right, a gas station made the list. But it’s not just any gas station…its the biggest convenience store in the world at 68,000 square feet and features 120 fuel pumps, 83 toilets, 80 fountain drink dispensers, 4 Icee machines and the great wall of candy.
And you wondered why my kids put it on the list. Oh and it’s a local mommy favorite because it has the cleanest bathrooms you’ve ever seen! Go see for yourself at 2760 IH 35 North, New Braunfels, TX 78130. You can’t miss it.
4. THE SCHOOLS– In the words of my oldest, “our teachers really are the best! They go home every night and think of all these fun things for us to do.” In the words of my little one “the best thing is recess.” There are two great public school districts in our area and several private school options. Click here for District Maps.
3. GRUENE, TEXAS- My kids love this little historic town! While Mom and Dad meet up with their friends and enjoy a good meal on a Friday night, the kids like to play on the playground at Adobe Verde, grab an ice cream cone at the Gruene General Store or run around with their friends on the green lawn by the Gristmill.
2. LANDA PARK and FISCHER PARK- We just couldn’t rank one over the other!
Landa Park- This park is worth moving to New Braunfels over, it is wonderful. It sits on the banks of the Comal river and is full of playgrounds, miniature golf, gazebos, picnic areas, hike and bike trails, paddle boats, a natural spring fed pool with zipline and aquatics center, ducks, squirrel and deer, and a train to take you around to see it all! My kids are partial to Landa Park because it is located close to our house and it is amazing but there are 33 different parks in the New Braunfels Parks and Recreation System!
Fischer Park- Yes! It is finally open and it is AWESOME!!!! It is the largest park in New Braunfels at 62 acres. It has state of the art playgrounds, a big splash park, 2 miles of hike and be trails, fishing ponds stocked with fish and so much more! Check out my latest post Fischer Park is Officially Awesome! to read more about it. You can also find out about all the wonderful parks in New Braunfels and see what fun programs are available in the latest issue of THE FUN THINGS IN LIFE catalog. We love our Parks!
1. SCHLITTERBAHN– Oh yes, it had to be #1! It’s one of the world’s best water parks and its right here in Downtown New Braunfels! The best thing about being a New Braunfels local is the SEASON PASS! As a local Mom you quickly learn the best times to go when there are little to no lines for rides, take your own cooler of food and drinks, and where to tell your mom friends to meet. The best part is…when you’re tired, it’s a quick ride home and the kids sleep good!
If you are interested in moving to New Braunfels, email email@example.com to start your home search.
4 Bedroom homes currently available in New Braunfels:
5 Bedroom Homes currently available in New Braunfels:
*Proudly Selling Texas Real Estate*