It’s that time again! Time to recognize all the Clark Griswold types in our great town of New Braunfels! If you’re looking for some great family entertainment, strap the family in the car, don’t forget the hot chocolate, and visit these houses!
- Homes with Outstanding Christmas Lights
- Other Exciting Local Christmas Events
- Wassailfest- December 1, 2015 from 6pm-9pm. This isn’t really a lights festival, but the beautiful lights of downtown New Braunfels are the backdrop for this event. It has to be my favorite event in our special town. The businesses and shops downtown serve Wassail. What is Wassail you ask? It’s a magical warm drink or hot mulled punch. Recipes can include different things like wine, cider, and spices and in history is a toast to good health! Walk around amongst the 100,000’s of christmas lights, listen to christmas music, eat holiday treats, shop and try all of the Wassail! Then you can vote for your favorite Wassail in the People’s Choice Award.
- Short Trips-
- Share this:
Homes with Outstanding Christmas Lights
- West Pole- 1741 Sunspur Dr, New Braunfels, TX – Check out it’s Facebook Page! This one is so good, check out the neighbors lights:
2. Northern Lights of New Braunfels- 656 Northgap Dr. New Braunfels, TX– Check out it’s Facebook page!
3. 2214 Hidden Meadow, Braunfels, TX
4. 339 Scenic Meadow, New Braunfels, TX
5. The Crazy Goat’s Christmas Light Spectacular- 958 Indian Ridge, New Braunfels, TX– Check out it’s Facebook page!
6. 316 Placid Meadow, New Braunfels, TX – This one wins first place in the neighborhood every year and has 225 milk jug lights!
7. 462 Lockener Ave, New Braunfels, TX– If you are close to Landa Park, this house is worth checking out! It caught our attention from 4 blocks away!
8. 309 Inspiration Dr, New Braunfels, TX– This one get our vote for the most unique and is the reason for the season!
***GET A GOOGLE MAP HERE***
**If you see any other spectacular light displays out there email us the address so we can check it out and we will send you a surprise gift if it gets added to the list!**
Other Exciting Local Christmas Events
Wassailfest- December 1, 2015 from 6pm-9pm. This isn’t really a lights festival, but the beautiful lights of downtown New Braunfels are the backdrop for this event. It has to be my favorite event in our special town. The businesses and shops downtown serve Wassail. What is Wassail you ask? It’s a magical warm drink or hot mulled punch. Recipes can include different things like wine, cider, and spices and in history is a toast to good health! Walk around amongst the 100,000’s of christmas lights, listen to christmas music, eat holiday treats, shop and try all of the Wassail! Then you can vote for your favorite Wassail in the People’s Choice Award.
Gruene Town Lighting-Gruene, TX December 3, 2015 at 5-6:30pm. Who doesn’t love the quaint Texas feel of Gruene… now add Kris Kringle on horseback and lighting the town up in Christmas lights! Don’t forget to bring your Christmas cards and have them stamped with the official Gruene, TX holiday postmark.
Live Nativity at the Christ Presbyterian Church– December 14, 2016 from 6pm -8pm- Classic Christmas Live Nativity with Animals that people come from miles to see.
Check out the New Braunfels Hometown Holiday Christmas Parade in the heart of New Braunfels on December 17th, starting at 5:30. I hear the local Jeep Club, NB Trail Team 6 will have their jeeps full of lights in the parade!
Santa’s Ranch– Located on IH35 between New Braunfels and San Marcos, Santa’s Ranch has become one of the favorite drive through light displays in Texas! Open from 6pm-10pm on weeknights and 6pm-11pm on the weekend take in the beautiful lights, animated displays, and enjoy delicious homemade hot cocoa, kettle corn and other snacks for sale. **But remember this one is not free, we think the going rate is $28 plus tax per car**
The Riverwalk– this is truly one of the most breathtaking and unique light displays and worth the short trip to San Antonio. The majestic Cypress trees that line the Riverwalk are filled with Christmas lights and over 6,000 luminarias line the walkways on weekends for The Fiesta De Las Luminarias.
Windcrest Neighborhood Light Up– The annual Windcrest Light Up has been a tradition for 58 years! Residents decorate their homes with elaborate displays and a contest is held to pick the most beautifully decorated homes! Light Up begins with an opening ceremony in mid-December and lasts through New Year’s Eve. You can pick up a map provided by the City of Windcrest at City Hall located at 8601 Midcrown Dr.
Austin Trail of Lights– in Zilker Park- with the Big tree that you spin under! This one is always a big hit with the kiddos…but remember, spinning causes dizziness. Depending on the night you go, tickets are different prices. See the schedule here.
Johnson City, TX-
Hill Country Lights Spectacular- Then the entire town glows through the holiday season with more than 100,000 lights twinkling on the Blanco County Courthouse and a lighted forest of more than 1 million lights at the Pedernales Electric Coop’s Headquarters on Avenue F.
Marble Falls, TX-
Walkway of Lights- Be dazzled by more than a million lights on 230 sculptures a giant lighted pole tree and tunnel as you stroll along Lake Marble Falls and see the lights glistening off of the water. Definitely worth the drive.
**Feel free to leave us comments with your suggestions of others to add to the list! We have had so much fun researching and making this and can’t wait to see what others we have missed!**
Laura Hallam Real Estate wishes you a safe and joy filled holiday season! Remember us for all your real estate needs. Give us a call or text at (512) 922-5282 or email us!
Homes for Sale in New Braunfels:
graphics by Kelly Jane Creative